Are you on the paleo diet and know of a gastroenterologist that you just have to play a practical joke on?
Follow these easy steps for some absolutely crazy hi-jinks:
- Go on the paleo diet for at least six weeks.
- Ask your doctor to refer you to a gastroenterologist to test for coeliac disease (if possible present with anaemia and osteoporosis, and complain about vomiting and severe abdominal pain).
- Just as the anaesthatist starts to put you to sleep request a gluten free meal for when you wake up.
Hilarity will ensue.
Additional facts to help you understand the hilarity of this prank:
- Most paleo diets say you can eat wheat and other gluten containing foods sometimes
- Undiagnised coeliacs who are asymptomatic damage their intestines in the same way as those with obvious symptoms
- Only a gastroenterologist can diagnose coeliac disease and only with a biopsy of your bowel
- The coeliac society says if you think you might have coeliac diesease the first thing you should do is keep eating gluten
- But hey, give up gluten because pseudoscience. Hilarious huh?